Graphic design/art/photo Intern @ The Plunge
Who Are We?
We’re your (unofficial) best man, the leading site for guys who are taking the plunge and getting married. The premise is simple: there are a million websites, magazines, and books for brides, but almost nothing for grooms. If a man wants advice about getting married, he has nowhere to turn. We’re here to change that. We talk to grooms in a language they can understand, surprising and entertaining them while giving them access to highly helpful information and some unexpected ideas.
Who We Need
The editorial team is seeking a graphic design intern. This role is an exciting opportunity to participate in the editorial and marketing operations of a lifestyle content site, helping to communicate the visuals of the brand, and facilitate and create content mockups for our partner advertisers. You will be crafting pitch decks for high-end brands (Armani, David Yurman, Louis Vuitton, etc.), assigning and identifying great photos, knowing when to apply custom filters and treatments, and experimenting all the time with engaging masculine imagery.
The site reports on a range of subjects (fashion, travel, relationships, weddings). Interns may also contribute to social media, help find and edit photos, and build stories in our CMS (WordPress). Interns are expected to work 2-3 days per week (with flexibility for their semester’s classes) and are eligible to receive school credit for their work.
- Providing graphical support to our branded content team
- Researching photos on various stock agencies, purchasing when needed
- Uploading articles/assets to the site in WordPress and in AirTable
- Light photo retouching
- Applying filters and other custom treatments to imagery
- Batch processing images, cropping, scaling when need be
- Proficiency in the Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Able to create presentations in Keynote and/or Powerpoint
- Experience as a photo editor, graphic designer or illustrator is ideal
- Experience working swiftly under tight deadlines
- Strong sense of humor in line with the tone of the website (read articles on the website…)
- Ability to work at the New York offices at 175 Varick Street 2-3 days a week
Candidates should send their resumes to [email protected].