The Plunge, the only site for grooms getting married, is looking for an assistant art director who can multitask as a graphic designer, photo editor and illustrator in our SOHO office. This position will be responsible for conceptualizing graphics based on an idea or article, and sourcing images/videos from stock houses, photographers, social and media —with creative image manipulation as need be. The person who fills this position should be able to draw simple illustrations, create collages, and apply colorful filters to photos. This position reports directly to the content director.
- Research photos on various stock agencies, purchasing when needed
- Light photo retouching
- Create simple custom illustrations and/or collages on top of images
- Apply filters and other custom treatments to imagery
- Upload articles/assets to the site in WordPress and in AirTable
- Batch process images, cropping, scaling when need be
- Proficiency in the Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Able to create presentations in Keynote and/or Powerpoint
- Experience as a photo editor or graphic designer is ideal
- Able to take a concept and commision or create imagery to represent that concept quickly and on a daily basis.
- Ability to respond to all communications effectively and in a timely manner (email, Slack, phone, AirTable)
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
- Experience working swiftly under tight deadlines
- Strong sense of humor in line with the tone of the website (read articles on the website…)
- Ability to work at the New York offices at 175 Varick Street 2-3 days a week
If interested, please include a portfolio URL with your application.
About The Plunge
We’re your (unofficial) best man, the leading site for guys who are taking the plunge and getting married. The premise is simple: there are a million websites, magazines, and books for brides, but almost nothing for grooms. If a man wants advice about getting married, he has nowhere to turn. We’re here to change that. We talk to grooms in a language they can understand, surprising and entertaining them while giving them access to highly helpful information and some unexpected ideas.
To Apply: Email us at [email protected] and include a resume.