The Plunge is looking for a full-time social media manager in New York. The successful candidate will work with the editorial and marketing departments to help grow the Plunge’s social channels and audience.
- Generate and schedule all content on The Plunge’s social media channels daily, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube and other emerging platforms
- Keep up with wedding-related memes and popular hashtags and create new memes (see also: bachelor party and honeymoon memes)
- Work with the editorial department to package stories for optimal social presentation/promotion
- Conceive and help create engaging social-only graphics
- Work with the Editor and Video designer to create highly shareable and engaging Facebook and Instagram videos
- Define KPIs and grow the audience across all platforms
- Increase engagement: likes, comments, clicks, shares
- File regular data reports from Instagram and Facebook Insights and Twitter analytics; add new KPIs as needed
- Stay current on the latest tools and platforms (“best practices”)
- Make use of Hootsuite, CrowdTangle, AirTable, WordPress, and Slack, among other programs
- Grow the department through freelancers and FT staff as required
- At least 3 years experience leading social media at a major brand
- Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms
- Experience with Facebook video and Facebook Live
- Experience with Facebook and Instagram Insights, Twitter analytics, and other social media monitoring tools
- Some graphic design experience as it relates to social media
- Proven viral track record. Be ready (and excited!) to grow our audience
- A grasp of good social storytelling, and a willingness to innovate and get outside your comfort zone
About The Plunge:
The Plunge is the leading site for grooms. The premise is simple: there are a million websites, magazines, and books for brides, but almost nothing for the guys. We’re here to change that. Think of us as the (unofficial) best man for men who have decided to take the plunge.
To Apply: Email us at [email protected] and include a resume.