Social Media Intern
Who Are We?
We’re Your (Unofficial) Best Man, the definitive site for guys who are taking the plunge and getting married. The premise is simple: there are a million websites, magazines, and books for brides, but almost nothing for grooms. If a man wants advice about getting married, he has nowhere to turn. We’re here to change that. We talk to grooms in a language they can understand, surprising and entertaining them while giving them access to highly helpful information and some unexpected ideas.
Who We Need
The Plunge is looking to hire a social media intern to take our growing brand to the next level. Our social media intern will build channel presences that separate us from the rest of the wedding pack and reflect a cool yet humorous and self-aware brand across all platforms. This person will bring that vision to life working under the social media editor and with the edit team.
The Plunge aims to bring the best of weddings, bachelor parties and travel experiences to a new generation of grooms. In a space that’s dominated by countless bride-focused publications, we aim to show guys that there’s more to taking the plunge than bouquets and seating charts. Our social media feeds act as the guy’s lens into the lighter side of relationships and marriage, making The Plunge his go-to when it’s time to get down to business.
We’re looking for someone who can get behind our mission, but doesn’t necessarily have to be obsessed with weddings. Candidates with a light-hearted approach to this space will be most successful.
- Craft posts for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other platforms
- Crop photos, enter into social media management system
- Interact with community
- Find wedding videos with viral potential for social media platforms
- Experiment with post types to see what delivers top engagement
- Find the best, guy-centric wedding content from across social media
Skills & Qualifications:
- Social media experience on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Solid sense of humor (required)
- Knowledge of social media culture and best practices
- Ability to work at the New York offices at 175 Varick Street 2-3 days a week
Send your resume/questions to [email protected]