The Plunge is looking for a GM and Director of Growth for the first D-t-C brand launched by The Plunge. This candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of experience overseeing data-driven marketing, strategic planning and audience development functions and working closely with revenue operations. The Audience Development Director will be a key part of the leadership team, reporting to the CEO. Prior management experience is required.
About The Plunge
- The only site for guys who are getting married or thinking about getting married
- Webby Award honoree – best lifestyle site and best email newsletter
- Office in downtown Manhattan (SoHo)
- Owning the business strategy and performance for key sections of the registry experience
- Developing the growth strategy
- Building ambitious annual plans for your KPIs – and achieving them!
- Analyzing and reporting on performance
- Conducting business and financial analysis of new opportunities
- Transforming complex data into actionable insights and strategies
- Deeply understanding the customer and thinking creatively about how to serve them better
- Conducting customer research and sharing learnings widely
- Dissecting their frustrations with the category and identifying ways to turn frustration into delight
- Partnering with Marketing and Product at ThePlunge.com to continuously improve customer retention
- Collaborating with Product to identify new features, offerings, and opportunities
- Assessing where we can leverage partners and third-party services; leading negotiations and partner management for those services
- Leading the charge toward massive market share growth
- Evangelizing for D-t-C Category launch across the company
- Partnering as needed with Marketing and Business Development as they develop messaging, campaigns, and partnerships
Our ideal candidate has a track record of success at growing businesses, ideally at a tech or consumer startup. You love both building and optimizing, and both strategizing and doing. You are a structured and creative thinker, able to toggle easily between the big themes and the little details. You have the technical depth to build trust with our product and engineering teams, and the business depth to work closely with management, especially the CEO, and build successful relationships with partners. You are equally comfortable in Excel and Powerpoint, and you can prove your ability to learn new systems quickly. And you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
- BA/BS; MBA strongly preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced environment working in growth, strategy, business operations, or a related field
- Startup experience strongly preferred
- Some management consulting experience preferred, but not required
- Title will be commensurate with experience
- Exceptional business and customer experience judgment
- Creative, scrappy, and customer-obsessed
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; presents effectively to a senior audience
- Excellent quantitative and Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build business relationships across functional teams
To apply, please submit your resume at [email protected] and include a brief description about why you’re interested in ThePlunge.com and in running our first direct-to-consumer business specifically. Applications without a cover note will not be considered.