Editorial Intern @ The Plunge
Who Are We?
We’re Your (Unofficial) Best Man, the definitive site for guys who are taking the plunge and getting married. The premise is simple: there are a million websites, magazines, and books for brides, but almost nothing for grooms. If a man wants advice about getting married, he has nowhere to turn. We’re here to change that. We talk to grooms in a language they can understand, surprising and entertaining them while giving them access to highly helpful information and some unexpected ideas.
Who We Need
The editorial team is seeking an editorial intern. This role is an exciting opportunity to participate in the editorial operations of a lifestyle content site, writing and reporting on a range of subjects (fashion, travel, relationships, weddings). Interns will also contribute to social media, help find and edit photos, and build stories in our CMS (WordPress). Interns are expected to work 2-3 days per week (with flexibility for their semester’s classes) and are eligible to receive school credit for their work.
- Researching information for upcoming articles
- Uploading articles/assets to the site in WordPress
- Light photo research
- Gathering contact information for sources
- Writing and reporting new articles
- Crafting social media copy
- Experience as a writer or editor (with clips to share) is ideal
- Experience working swiftly under tight deadlines
- Strong sense of humor in line with the tone of the website (read articles on the website…)
- Ability to work at the New York offices at 175 Varick Street 2-3 days a week
Candidates should send their resumes to [email protected].